For those of you who aren’t in the know (like all of the helpers who came and helped with marketing and writing work), a hackathon is a weekend-long redbull-fueled pizza-consumed coding fest.
Here at 23press, we added marketing to our list of todos, given we will be launching one product this week, and announcing another next!
Also, given some girls others all came along for the ride, we made it a LITTLE more low key (ie: only 20 hours over the course of the weekend instead of 50).
Still, it’s been a long weekend but we are basically done and here is our progress report!
The Awesomeness List of Doom
- BackupPress, our new backup product, has a website, a purchase process, a UI, and a whole slew of bug fixes. It is now basically ready to go into public beta. This will include an introductory price of $25 for the year (instead of $5/month or $50/yr)!
- Move That Blog has gone up a version, and now includes everything we can find in WordPress including custom tables, taxonomies and other crap so that things like CForms can move across seamlessly too. We are now basically at our vision of “one click photocopying” of your blog!
- Move That Blog for Hosts is now up and running. We are testing this out with a large WordPress host now. Once we have the new process and tool working, we’ll begin reaching out to a dozen hosting partners we’ve begun lining up.
- Our practice pitch for INcubes went so well last week that we’ve lined up a half dozen investor pitches this week from angels to VCs to angel groups.
- New template for product sites is done, and the BackupPress site is basically ready to roll.
- Our new product (yet to be announced) has exited proof of concept, has a UI and is now nearing Alpha (sometime this week hopefully!).
- Affiliate program is now fully up and running, we’ll begin reaching out to affiliates this week.
- Company blog is up!
- Now that we have more than one product, and product checkout pages, we’ve implemented our first AdWords campaigns, which is fuuuun.
- Reached out to, and have begun confirming our Advisory Board positions.
- Confirmed partnerships with two large channel partners.
All in all, not a bad weekend at all!
A huge thanks to the team, and especially to the helpers for being so awesome and patient as the geeks did their thing!